Saturday, December 16, 2006

Relocating

I am now a resident of San Francisco. Woohoo! Okay, so my postal address, driver's license, and assorted other identification don't reflect that yet, but whatever. I'll get there.

Yes, our move-in date was yesterday, Friday. Which meant, of course, that I packed most of Thursday night. My entire car was packed - and at least a full 3/4 of it was filled with clothes and shoes. How can I have so much clothing when I never have anything to wear?? The eternal female mystery.

I am also purchasing a whole new bedroom set since I didn't want to take all my furniture from home. Of course, all this shopping will be done today, which meant I slept on an air mattress last night. I just bought it from Target, and it came with its own air pump. Since I read directions and am full of foresight, I charged it for the recommended 12 hours on Wednesday night, then packed it with my other electronic chargers in a little box.

But since I am also...me, I, of course, forgot to bring this little box with me to my new apartment. Which meant I slept on a deflated air mattress last night. S-M-R-T! Poor Roe was going to borrow the air pump for her air mattress too. But hey, they say an apartment doesn't really belong to you until you sleep on its floor. Okay, I have no idea whom "they" are, but I'm trying to be creative here.

In any case, I will be living with two friends from work, Roe and Alyssa. We are VERY excited. Newly renovated flat with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, hardwood floor, fireplace, bay window, skylights, gas stove...yay :) As long as we don't think too much about the condom wrapper in the apartment stairwell, we'll be happy!

Uh...just waiting on the furniture. Awesome!

* * *
"Say It Right" -Nelly Furtado

In the day
In the night
Say it all
Say it right
You either got it
Or you don't
You either stand or you fall
When your will is broken
When it slips from your hand
When there's no time for joking
There's a hole in the plan

Oh, you don't mean nothing at all to me
No, you don't mean nothing at all to me
Do you got what it takes to set me free?
Oh, you could mean everything to me

I can't say that I'm not lost and at fault
I can't say that I don't love the light and the dark
I can't say that I don't know that I am alive
And all of what I feel I could show
You tonight, you tonight

From my hands, I could give you
Something that I made
From my mouth, I could sing you another brick that I laid
From my body, I could show you a place god knows
You should know the space is holy
Do you really want to go?

1 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least they're using protection.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home